Thursday, July 23, 2009

The day before

It's the day before my 10k. I wake up with a sore throat, aces in my joints, and the thought of working out with Melissa makes me want to hurl. But I know that if I don't get my body moving, the blood flowing and circulating that I will just feel worse. I down some Airborne, trudge over to Melissa, endure a bruttle hour of plio workout, tredge back home, down more Airborne and hope for the best.

I feel half way decent right now. The moving around and airborne must have done some good. My eating wasn't at it's best today. When I'm sick, I just want to feed my cold with comfort. Now all I need is a good's night rest, a lengthy prayer, and a lot of positive self affirmation.

I can do this.

I'm stronger then I think I am.

I can run a 10k, easy.

Others believe in me, so I believe in me.

I have the power!!!

1 comment:

Sal-my-gal said...

Get some rest! You CAN do it! You'll be so proud of yourself when you're done. Wahoo!!!