Saturday, July 11, 2009

It comes and it goes

Motivation.

For me it comes in waves. I'm sure I'm not the only one that suffers from this. This week was a great reminder to me why I am trying to change my life for the better. This whole week was spent in careless and mindless eating. The only difference from the past is that I didn't eat as much of the bad stuff. Last night I was completely sick to my stomach. I seriously slumped on the couch ready to turn my head and hurl. Yes, it was that bad. I hadn't eaten that badly for a long time. I don't want to have to feel like that again, well, EVER!!! I know I will probably lose my motivation again and again. But in return I will be reminded again and again why I am striving for a healthier lifestyle.

My bad eating choices seriously effected my running as well. I felt heavy and weighed down. It was no fun. Making better eating choices really does make a difference in your athletic performance. I am by no means, and athlete, but it does make a difference.

The past few days I have been preparing myself for a renewed commitment. A commitment to eating better and exercising more often. I have a specific goal in mind and I need to do all that I can to achieve it.

I have no new strategies to begin my new week. I'm just going to stick to the ones that are working for me right now.

1. Count my calories

2. Burn at least 500 calories a day

3. Ask myself, "What would a 160lb woman do today?"

4. Be Positive

5. Drink more water then Diet Coke

I have so much enjoyed running with my friends the past few days. I am going to try and reach out to those same friends and try to gather a few more into the exciting world of run/walking. It has changed my life and it continues to.

Plus, I need to continue to train for that darn 10k. In all actuality, I'm getting excited for it. I am reaching into territories I never thought possible. That is exciting.

1 comment:

Randi said...

So I am awfully sore this morning, lol! But since our run yesterday, I have felt like I was running on a natural high. The soreness doesn't matter and I can't wait to get up tomorrow morning and see how much farther/longer I can run. I loved getting out and pushing myself, thanks for getting up so early to go with me. I hope you know you can call me anytime you need someone to run with because I'd love to go. You are such a motivator and have such great attitude and insight into so many things. I really enjoy your company. Good luck with your renewed goals!