Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I think I'm in trouble

This morning I went out early for my run. I left the house at about 7:40am. I knew I wasn't going to beat the wind, and sun. Although the farther I am from my house, the less wind there seems to be. Well, not today. I wanted to mix things up so I took one of my routes backwards thinking it was a good idea. WRONG-O!!! I ended up running against the wind with the sun in my face. What was I thinking. It took me forever to run that silly 5k. I almost burst into tears when I calculated how long I'd been gone. The funny thing is, despite the amount of time it took me to run this morning, I knew that I could go on. With the knowledge that I could walk some during the 10k, I will be alright.

I still can't get over that I will be running a 10k day after tomorrow. It almost makes me sick. But I know that the only way to improve ourselves is to push ourselves. So here I am, pushing myself beyonds limits I never thought possible. We'll see how I feel come Friday afternoon.

I am grateful to all the people who have been supporting me. Their words of encouragement have been caring me through this whole experience. Having a support system makes a tremendous difference.

breakfast:
oatmeal(325)

lunch:
grilled cheese on whole wheat(260)
1 cup of cabbage soup(40)

snack:
Special K cracker (90)
laughing cow cheese(30)
Kashi bar(114)

I was hungry, okay!!!

snack:
kashi bar

dinner:
marinated steak
corn on the cob

No comments: