Monday, July 20, 2009

Lettuce doesn't Judge

Friday is the 10k. Too bad for me I've had a horrible last two weeks. So now I have the unlikely task of undoing what I did to myself in those 2 weeks in just 5 days. But it's more then just the 10k. I found that I was battling monster PMS again. Now I know I need to track my cycle so that I can stay on top of those wretched feelings when they come. That way I can make sure to throw out all tempting food and stock my pantry with extra good things.

It's nice to know that when I decide to come back to the path, the journey, my battle, that the veggies and fruits seem to smile at me. They don't judge me for my mistakes or say "I told you so". They just wait there, patiently, waiting to be eaten to make me feel better. To cleanse my system of the crap that I so willingly and knowingly shoved into my pie hole.

I am hoping that by veering back to the path and eating a healthy diet will help me to feel better. I seriously have been feeling like crap. But I think I already mentioned this a week ago. I still didn't do anything about it.

I am doing something about it today. Funny, I always have to start on a Monday.

I didn't go for a run this morning. I felt like I was 16 months pregnant. Which I AM NOT!!! That's just the best way to describe how I felt. But I knew I needed to get my body moving so I went for a long walk instead. Better get moving then not.

I did a pretty darn good job at my eating today. One of the reasons for me sitting here typing is the temptation that the rice crispy treats are having over me. Hannah was so bored she wanted something to do. She came up with rice crispy treats. I just couldn't tell her no. So now I find myself battling my urge to purge. I am stronger then those bloody treats. I have the power to say no and I will say no. I am done feeling like crap. Done, done, donie, done!!! I know that if I put those in my mouth not only will I feel guilt, but I will have a tummy ache.

I will turn to my veggies and fruits. They don't judge, they don't make me feel like crap. In fact, I feel the exact opposite. Veggies are my friend, they make me feel confident, and slender. So the choice is obvious, right? RIGHT!!!


breakfast:
Oatmeal with milk and pecans(325)

snack:
chocolate banana protein shake(325)

lunch:
tuna sandwich(300)
1 cup cabbage soup(50)

snack:
kashi bar(114)
1/2 banana(40)

lunch:
salad w/dressing(80)
1 corn on cob
1/4 cup of beans

No comments: