Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Playing the Mind Games

This morning I woke up with a head ache. I thought that if I were to cut out soda and eat healthy that I would feel better, have more energy and be lighter on my feet. Not so. I blame my head ache on lack of caffeine. I've been without it for the last two and half days. I really didn't feel like going out and exercising but I knew I had to. So now I am playing mind games with myself. Running is nothing new to me. Although I haven't run very often in the past few weeks, I still should be able to get my booty moving. So out into the blustery wind I went. I did better then I thought I was going to. That is due to the mind over body game that I had to play with myself. I had to push myself. This is the only way I am going to succeed if I'm going to run this 10k on Friday.

I still keep thinking " What have I gotten myself into ". I so regret not training and running consistently the past few weeks. No sense in crying like a baby. I made my choices, now I have to suffer the consequences.

I hope to get a few more runs in this week just to prep my body for Friday.

breakfast:
oatmeal (325)

snack:
chocolate protein shake(325)

lunch:
tuna sandwich(250)
grapes(40)

snack:
kashi bar(114)

dinner:
zucchini with pasta
salad

snack:
one stinking snickerdoodle.

I am now battling the after dinner sweet tooth. I should have some grapes frozen or something.

No comments: