Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Got Sweat?

I sure do. Especially after my brutal spin class this morning. I kept telling myself toward the end, I can't do this any more. But I didn't give up. I'm not even close to giving up yet. First of all the lady teaching the class has to be a work-out finatic. In fact, I know she is cause she's run on a treadmill next to me. She is a MACHINE!!!! And she worked us out like we were all enjoying the pain she was inflicting upon us. Maybe the other crack-heads were enjoying it. Me, not so much. Then again it was only my 2nd class in 3 years when just 3 years ago I only took 3 classes. I thought to myself, dang this is hard, is it going to get any easier? And then the sweat!!! Holy Crap was I sweaty. My pants were sticking to me, my shirt was sticking to me, my hair was sopping wet. I thought it was just my unconditioned self. As I eavesdropped on other conversations this is what I heard, " It's like I took a shower with all my clothes on, this is disgusting," and "I've never sweat this much in my life, I need to go wash my hands." I released a huge sigh of relief. Thank goodness it just wasn't me. I wasn't being whimping or weak. It really was a killer work-out. I had to have burned 600 calories, easy in that hour. Plus, I burned 222 calories the 30 minutes I spent on the treadmill just before the spinclass. As much as I complain about how horrid that class was, it wasn't. It was very rewarding to know I survived such torture, and I'll probably go back for me.

Now, as for the eating. I can still do much much better. I'm working on it. I'm still doing so much better then just a few weeks ago. Which isn't hard since it was the holidays. But I'm still giving credit where credit is due. I was introduced to this amazing website, www.dailyburn.com. This is one amazing calorie tracker. I recommend this to everyone trying to keep their calories, or just what they eat in check. I haven't explored too much of it yet. But I know the calorie tracker is killer.

No comments: