Tuesday, February 21, 2012

In the Trash

Now that several of our birthday celebrations are over with, I took liberties and threw away all left over crap in the trash.  Left over bags of candy, boxes of sugar cookies.  I didn't eat much candy over the weekend, a few cinnamon hearts, but I did eat more sugar cookies.   I am still an addict, and when stuff is around and I'm super hungry I still reach for the comforting food items.  To combat this, I just threw everything away that I knew was bad for me.  If it's not in the house to tempt me, I am forced to reach for something else. 

I did make some awesome salads over the weekend.  Really good stuff, even my 4 year old couldn't get enough.  I think we will be eating salads for lunch a lot in the future. 

This mornings green smoothy consisted of: 1/2 grapefruit, 1 orange, 1lime, 1 carrot, 1 celery, 1/4 apple, 1/4 pear, 1/4 cucumber, agave, and ice.  Ohhhhh, it's a good one too.  Citrusly Wonderful!!  I am debating on whether or not to move to two smoothies a day.  I think I'll wait to do that the 1st of March. The beginning of the year is so hard for me to stay on track.  What with my birthday, Grace's Birthday, Beckham's birthday and Isabel & Annika's all within a month of each other.  Plus you throw in Valentine's day,and it's cookie, cake, ice cream over load.  I must say, that I did better this year then in past years.  I need to woman up and just simply pass on the girls' birthday cake. 

I keep telling myself that candy is poison.  With that though continually running through my mind, it's been no problem to say no to the stuff.  Of course I still have my moments of weakness, but I still don't eat near as much as I use to. 

The frustrating part is that I'm not losing any weight.  I'm not eating as much as before either.  I am going to have to figure out how to get myself to start losing weight.  I haven't exercised every single day either, but I know tons of people who lose weight without exercising.  Besides, weight loss is 70% nutrition, and 30% exercise.  This week so far I've exercised everyday.  Yes, it's only been two days.  But I didn't let my kids being home yesterday get in the way of my work out.  I'm also following the class schedule for a program called TurboFire.  I am super committed to losing this weight.  I have set more solid dates to reach some of my goals.  Remember those first pair of pants, I would like to fit into those by the time my anniversary rolls around.  I still don't want to step on the scale, so I need to be putting those pants on every friday.  I have to gauge my success by something. 

I still wish losing weight didn't have to be so difficult.  This time will be different though.  It will be permanent.  I'm learning how to live my life the way God intended.  I'm learning how to be truly happy with who I am on the inside and on the outside.  I am learning how to be truly grateful for the things a loving Heavenly Father has bestowed upon me.  There is a great lesson to be learned in this trial.  I might not understand it right now, but I hope to very soon.

No comments: