Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Living Life Without Licking the Bowl

There are several things in my life that are very tempting to me.  Anything with the words lime and coconut, chocolate, ice cream, Mexican food(especially the crusty melted cheese on top of an enchilada), cookie dough(let's face it people, I make cookies for the dough, not the cookies), and licking the bowl after making brownies or cakes.  YUM!! 

Today is my sweet daughter's 4th birthday.  I am going to be making her a Princess Belle cake.  I hope it turns out.  I am NOT a good backer or decorator, let's not kid ourselves.  This morning I beat the batter, and not once did I lick the bowl, or the spatula.  What is this world coming to when Amberlyn Wood doesn't lick the bowl or the spoon??!!  I think the heavens, planets, stars or something have worked magic on my soul.  What ever it is, it's amazing!! 

It feels awesome to want to do something out of love for self, rather then hate.  I'm doing this now because I am grateful for my body and want it to live a long time.  I'm not doing it because I hate my body and I'm not living up to what the world thinks I should look like.  That is a tremendous, life altering difference.  It makes making good choices easy. 

Yesterday I turned 36.  Ya, I know, I'm getting old.  Only 4 more years until I turn 40.  I am hoping that by gaining a healthier me, aging wont be so difficult. 

This morning I still had a green smoothy.  And it was delicious.  I love that I can start my day with spinach and kale tasting like peanut butter and bananas. 

I need to let it be known what my goals are for this week.  I am focusing on weekly goals.  Baby steps. 

1. Exercise at least 5 times
2. Drink a smoothy every morning for breakfast.
3. Learn more about legumes
4. Make sure to incorporate some kind of whole grain at lunch and dinner.
5. Continue to be positive and exercise self-discipline.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great goals. Great job not licking the batter.