Wednesday, April 22, 2009

That's not so bad

Today is Wednesday. The day that I usually step on the scale to check my progress. This is the day that I have been dreading since Spring Break. I knew it had to be done, it was inevitable. Better be today rather then a later date. That way I can see where I'm really at. Believe me, I was scared to step on. I was scared to see what those red numbers would blink up at me. All in all, I had only gained 2lbs. I don't think that's bad. It was way worse over my birthday when I gained 5lbs. I will take the 2lbs, do my best to lose them and keep moving forward. I was afraid it was going to be some atrocious number like 10. Gag, that would have been awful. But it wasn't, and the 2 extra pounds I can deal with. Totally.

Again last night on the Biggest Loser Bob had some of the people make a video diary of what they ate. They thought they were doing awesome. But in reality, they were pretty much starving their bodies. Melissa told me this time and time again. You have to feed your body with energy and protein. Especially when you are exercising a ton. Which I'm not doing right now and is actually quite hard when the husband is gone. I am still looking for that perfect balance for me. Like this morning, I was craving a carb. And I knew that eating just protein and a fruit(yes, I know fruit is a carb) just wasn't going to cut it for me. So I indulged in some oatmeal. I also know that it's better to have the carb in the morning rather then in the evening. I think that is a much smarter choice then fighting the urge and then blowing it on something really bad like a brownie or cookie. I hope this is the right thinking process.

breakfast:
1/2 cup oatmeal with 2 tsp brown sugar, 6 pecan, and lemon zest!!!
Delicous!!!

lunch:
turkey on whole wheat

snack:
vanilla and strawberry protein shake made with water

dinner:
salad of black bean, mango, avacado and lettuce.
serving of my yummy shredded beef.

nibble of Isabel's apple and pb.

No comments: