Monday, May 11, 2009

Blah blah blah, blech

I have another challenging week ahead of me. My sister is in town, whom I absolutely adore. Her presence means many adventures to knew foodie places. Which I adore as well. But not so much when your trying to lose weight. I know that there has to be a strategies that works for this type of challenge. I tried one in VA and that didn't work so much. This time I decided that I will just order and appetizer and have it served with the other meals. Which, today worked out pretty good. If it hadn't been for the amazing salsa bar it would have been a brilliant day. Damn that salsa bar.

Another thing rolling around in my head is : How do people keep up losing weight? I mean, really. I feel like I've been in a funk for a few months now. Yes, yes, yes, you've heard it before. I'm not ready to give up. And I'm not. It's just finding the motivation to keep going.

For me, right now, it's having my husband gone that is the hardest. It's thrown off my routine and I am having a difficult time finding a new one. Probably because I know in the back of my mind when my husband finally makes it home permanently that that routine with be disrupted as well. So I am in limbo right now.

Struggling to find a good exercise routine, and trying to keep my head above to amazing foodie adventure with my sister.

I know that I will get my routine back. And I guess this is just another of those battles that I have to fight. I will always come across weeks like this.

I am trying my best and that's all I can ask for. Although this evening I didn't give it my best. My food log will explain why.

breakfast:
protein bar
a few quaker quake carmel bites

lunch:
a pulled chicken, papaya, carmalized onion and roasted pepper quesadilla with an amazing salsa bar and chips.

I did not eat the beans and rice that came with the meal. Fed that to the kids.

snack:
none, still too full from lunch

dinner:
an apple with peanut butter

snack:
shared an ice cream cone with Grace

late evening snack:
a left over hamburger patty and some dry cold cereal.
Ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh.

Today was not the day of a dieter. But I'm not a dieter. I'm someone trying to change my decision making about food. Blech. If I were to give myself a grade on my effort today it would have been an F. Okay, maybe a D. Hello, ice cream? Really, where is the self control?

There is still so much changing that needs to take place in my mediocre life.

No comments: