Friday, May 29, 2009

No thanks, it's not my freeday

Where is the diet soda?
Oh ya, I'm trying to not drink soda, diet or any kind for that matter.
So I guess I'll go for the ice cold water.


Really? Sugar cookies. And not just one package, but TWO!!!!
Of course caramel to drizzle over the ice cream.


What's a trip to St. George without chips and cereal!!!
In the upper right hand corner you can see the bananas.


My sweet husband called me while traveling down to St.George. He wanted to know a variety of food questions. What type of cereal do the kids enjoy, is pizza okay for dinner tomorrow night. Of course I obligingly answered all his questions. Not once did I think to have him pick up something up thing healthy. Did you see the photos? It looks like we're gearing up for the greatest free day ever!!! It's not my freeday until Sunday. So, what do I do? Do I treat today as my freeday and buckle down on Sunday? I mean really, what is a girl to do in this situation? There is nothing for me to eat except grapes, bananas, apples and the bag of carrots I brought from home. There is some lunch meat and cheese in the fridge for sandwiches later on in the day. A thought just popped into my head. A few actually. Yes, I can move my freeday to today. Or, I could use this day as a challenge. I could challenge myself to a duel with the food. Who is stronger, Me or the food? I know I can make wise decisions. That's what I've been striving to do for the past 5 months. I will not make today my freeday. I am going to succeed in making the right choices. For lunch I will pass on the white bread. Ever heard the saying, The whiter the bread the quicker your dead? I will just eat the lunch meat and cheese and enjoy an apple with it. There is some trailmix so I will probably eat a serving of that with some carrots. For dinner? Gosh, I'll probably have a sliver of pizza and a banana and more carrots. It really is going to be a challange for me. But this wont be the last time I am faced with a situation like this. I can prove to myself that I can make the choices that I have always wanted to, the healthy one.

I made all the right choices at lunch. I indulged in a few cheetos puffs and tried one dorito jalapeno popper. I had 1/8 of a sugar cookie and it wasn't worth it. Not the 24 calories.
I am disappointed with myself during the snacking. I was just so hungry that I kept eating the tootsie rolls. They were only about 10 calories per, but I had about 10 of them which adds up to 100 calories. Blah. Why did I keep eating? Cause I was bored. At least I caught myself. So far I think today has been a success.

I wish I could say the evening was as successful as the day. But I broke down. I caved. So I had a free meal.

breakfast
1 cup cereal (160)
1 cup milk (100)

snack:
protein bar

lunch:
6 slices turkey (80)
1oz cheese(112)
1/2 cup grapes(41)

snack:
trail mix(160)
.5 oz cheese(61)
10 tootsie rolls(100)(814)

dinner:
1 slice pizza
1 sugar cookie
handful of chips

snack:
1 cup ice cream

It was really hard for me to confess my weaknesses this weekend. The idea of ignoring what I did and just not writing about it was very tempting to me. But what help would that be. I wasn't all that stressed out. I think it was just the feeling of being on a mini vacation. Of course it would have sounded better if I could have stayed to my plan. I want to say that I felt like a failure but that just wouldn't help me at this point.

I am affraid for the ride home!!!

No comments: