Thursday, May 28, 2009

My fight for the weekend

This afternoon, when the kids get home from school, we will be traveling again to St. George. The last time this trip happened all common sense went out the window. I indulged in donuts, junior mints, zingers, white pasta, french toast, ice cream with caramel on top. Well, that's not going to happen this time. I have to be smarter and more prepared. Instead of snacking on junior mints in the car I need to prepare celery and carrots. Instead of french toast, I need to pack some oatmeal. I don't have to give up my efforts for a measly 3hr drive to St. George. I can make this a successful weekend. I can and I must. I must, I must, I must decrease my thighs!!!!

On the way down I mostly snacked on grapes, crackers, and about 10 junior mints. In an effort to not eat the entire box of junior mints I asked Jaren to kindly put them back in the snack bag. I had several more urges to eat more of them, but since they were out of reach I drank my water instead. I think that was a successful strategy as well. The grapes I bought were outstanding!! So sweet, crisp and juicy. The perfect grape.
breakfast:
1 ww bread with pbj (180)
1 slice cantalope(60)

lunch:
1/2 chicken ceaser wrap(360)

snack:
1oz cheddar cheese(112)
1 graham cracker(65)

snacks in car:
1 cup grapes(40)
Ritz chips(130)
slice bread(100)
2 licorice(60)
10 junior mints(100)

dinner:
1 wendy's junior hamberger(230)

total calories:1437

I should have bought myself 2 junior hambergers and passed on all the other garbage, except the grapes. It's amazing to see how much calories are in those sweets. They really add up fast. When I think I've done really well and holding back, which I did, it still adds up to a lot of calories. That stinks. My plan was to eat between 1200-1400 calories a day. I went over by 37 calories. I don't think that is too bad.

Why is it when I travel I think that I need to feed myself. Travel snacking is one of the prim examples of mindless eating. You eat cause there is nothing else to do. But there must be more to do then to stuff you face due to boredom. Read a book, if you don't get car sick. Soak in the scenery, if there is scenery to soak in. Write in a journal, color a picture, play games with the kids. I need to have a better strategy for the ride home for sure.

Unfortunately I did not get any exercise in at all. I was so busy running errands and such. Well, I did walk from Big-O to Jaxies, to Shopko, back to Big-O. All while carrying my baby girl. I might have burned 100 calories doing that.

No comments: