Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Garden Cardio

Instead of throwing Grace into the stroller and going for a walk/jog, I decided to throw Grace outback and do some garden work. I figure I could work up a sweat and burn some calories while making my back yard beautiful. Is it possible to get a good cardio work-out doing yard work? I am always so sore when I pull weeds, or when I try to prove to the tiller that I am stronger, or when I try to mow the jungle that is my back lawn. Yes, I probably should be out pounding the pavement. But I think I'll take advantage of the beautiful mild weather we are having and do some gardening.


breakfast:
oatmeal and bacon (180)

now that I have the calories down for breakfast. I need to do better at breaking down the calories for my other meals.

lunch:
1/2 cup pasta salad (200)
1/2 pbj sandwich on high fiber bread (180)

snack:
trail mix(160)
coke zero, I know I told myself I wasn't going to drink this. But it's hard being a Mom and Dad at the same time. This helps me get through.

dinner:
mango, avacado salsa (160)
13 chips (140)
1/4 cup refried beans (60)

after dinner/ after stress snack(be prepared):
slice whole wheat bread with pbj (180)
1/4 cup ice cream (150)
2 red vines (105)

total calories: 1355

calories burned:401 calories burned, according to the calorie counter at neversaydiet.com

Have I mentioned that I eat to comfort myself? Well now is the time to bring that to the surface. This is a habit that I have formed clear back in Junior High. I haven't been able to figure it out. I know that I should have turned to this computer and write out my feelings. But the pull to the freezer was too strong. I should have thrown that ice cream out on Monday. Gosh Dang It. Sometimes I think I let myself get too stressed out by my children. But then again, I have been doing the evening by myself during the week for 6 WEEKS. I think it just got to me. I was done talking with Brent on the phone, wishing he were here. I felt a little abandoned. Although I know that statement is not true. Brent would so much rather be here then there. I guess I should be done with my pity party.

I didn't do any other exercise except for the garden today. Sigh. I probably didn't burn enough calories to make up for my stress. I will strive to write my feelings down next time instead of turning to the food. Because I don't feel better afterwards. I feel worse. There's no use crying over spilled milk, or over ice cream. I will make better choices this weekend. I have to. I have to, I have to, I have to.

No comments: