Saturday, May 30, 2009

The ride home

I was afraid for the ride home. I don't think it was as destructive as the ride down, or the ride the last trip. It helped that I blogged my way through the few days that I was away from home. I ended up reading my book all the way home. Which, I'm sure, is the reason I didn't eat my way home.


breakfast:
cereal

snacks in car:
ritz chips
1 rice crispy treat
1/4 cup trail mix
@10 junior mints, if that

I didn't eat all these items at one time either. It was over the period of the drive. I stopped eating anything when we had 1.5hrs left. When we stopped for potty break I bought myself a coke zero. I thought it would be better to drink zero calories rather then eat hundreds of empty calories.

My goal for the rest of the weekend is to counter balance yesterday. I hope to eat wisely this evening and all day tomorrow. I'm not going to let my carelessness get the better of my weekend.

I am grateful that I've had this blog to seriously write my way through a difficult weekend. I am serious about losing 8-10lbs this next month. Writing about it has been tremendously helpful. It's kept me honest, and it's good to be accountable for my actions. Which in the past I would have just ignored my actions, and turned a blind eye. Not this time.

I ended up not eating again until dinner. And I haven't had anything since. I had a rough evening with the kids and thought about buffering my feelings with ice cream. Instead, I hermited myself in the basement as far away from the kids as possible and finished my book. I think that is a much better option the previous.

dinner:
soft taco in whole wheat tortilla
1/2 graham cracker to ease the sweet tooth.

No comments: