Thursday, May 28, 2009

Temptation Strategy

I'm not sure that I actually burned 401 calories working in the garden. Non-the-less it was rewarding. I know I must have done something due to the extreme soreness in my upper body. I love the beginning of new seasons and new activities. They always bring an awareness to muscles not recently used. It helps me to feel alive and an excitement for all things new.

After counting out my calories I didn't feel as badly as I did when I published my post yesterday. That's one of the benefits of calculating out your calories. It might be tedious, but it really is rewarding and serves a great purpose. I'm glad that my wiser choices earlier in the day counter acted the stressed out choices in the evening. Still, I need to try harder to eliminate those temptations from my home all together. Like throwing them out completely. It reminds me of a strategy you use on a child. Instead of getting angry with the child for pulling down the books off the shelf, that's just way too much fun. You remove the books and place them out of reach. Same principle here. Ice cream is just way too much fun to eat. But instead of beating myself up over not having enough will power to overcome the temptation, simply remove the temptation. I think that is an easy strategy for anyone to apply almost immediately. It's one of the first things the "experts" tell you to do, throw away all "bad foods". So guess where the remainder of my ice cream went? In the trash!!!

No comments: