Monday, January 14, 2013

Choosing Coke

Today I had a feeling of peace.  I knew that the path that I have started is the right one.  No diets ahead of me, no torturous battles to fight with myself.  For the first time, the goals that I have set feel good and right.  I feel as though this year, my goals will finally come to fruition.  That is an amazing feeling.

I had a green smoothy for breakfast.  It was delicious.  I went out with my cousin Steph and enjoyed a delicious lunch at my most favorite pizza joint, Slab.  There I let myself have a coke.  I know I shouldn't have.  But I did it anyway, consciously making the choice.  Not letting the choice effect me either.  Not beating myself up over it.  I know that I will overcome Coke. 

I made a wonderful soup.  I found the recipe in the recent Cooking Light Magazine.  It's a potato soup thickened with roasted cauliflower.  For a side I made cheddar biscuits.  It was a good dinner.  Those are the only times I ate.  I had an apple for a snack.  I drank water later on in the day.  So my day wasn't perfect.  But it felt right.  I didn't indulge in sugar.  That is a great thing. 

Tomorrow is a new day.

 I have to remember to get in my exercise.   I have a great opportunity to go on a Pioneer Trek this summer.  This opportunity have greatly increased my desire to walk, run and hike.  I need to be in better physical shape then I am now.  My desire to bring my family along with me in my goals has greatly increased as well. 

I admit that I love January.  But the weather is getting in my way of wanting to pound the pavement, and blaze the trails.  I guess I'm just going to have to get over it and suffer through work-outs on DVD until the spring thaw. 

Did I mention how excited I am for this year?  I am soooo excited.

No comments: