Monday, January 28, 2013

Shoveling Snow keeps me healthy and strong

Well, I stopped walking around in circles.  Over the weekend I gained speed, momentum, and excitement.  I haven't been this excited to begin anything since last year when I did my 5 day green smoothy fast.  Now, that was hard.  But I proved to myself that I can do hard things.  This isn't near as hard as that was. 
I spent a lot of time with my Aunts over the past week.  I found motivation and added desire to finally start my goals.  What a relief. 
It wasn't hard this morning.  I ate my protien and carb in the morning, had the inside of a sandwich with about 3 cups of sauteed veggies, had a green smoothy and a small dinner.  It was a great day.  An A day, if I were grading myself. 
I did have a soda.  So it wasn't a stellar day, but it was a great day.

The snow found us again.  I was out first thing this morning shoveling away 6 new inches of snow.  I was out there several more times during the day to remove more from the drive way and the side walks.  When talking with a friend I told her that shoveling the snow keeps me strong and healthy.  The only downfall is that my back is feeling it today, big time.  But I'm okay with that.  I am just grateful that I am healthy and strong enough to get out there and dig.  It's hard work, but rewarding at the same time. 

Just like this climb I'm on.  It's going to be hard.  Even though I turned around a few times, my climb has finally begun.  Gosh I'm excited for it to.  I know that there is something amazing waiting for me at the top of my climb.  It's going to beautiful and rewarding.  I can't wait to look back at what I had to go through to get there. 

I'm grateful to be starting this Monday with such a positive attitude.  It makes the start so much more pleasant and I feel like I can do anything!

I started soaking spelt and kumut, and in another jar I started soaking mung beans and lentils.  I read up on sprouting again and was excited about the micro nutrients and protien found in sprouts.  I am excited to start making sweet and savory salads with them.   And to just pop them for a quick snack. 

Happy Monday every.  And Happy Climbing!

No comments: