Sunday, January 13, 2013

Making a Contract

Once again, while studying my scriptures I was impressed to come up with a contract.  Something that binds me to my commitments for the year of 2013.  Something that helps keep me accountable for my actions and makes this whole process more real.  I'm going to have Melissa sign it as well.  This year is for real people.  Nothing is coming between me and my health.  I know I've said this many many many times before.  But all those other times I was just saying it trying to pump myself up.  And to be completely honest, I'm tired of only trying for a few months and giving up on myself.  At some point I have to believe in myself, believe that I can do hard things.

Here is what my contract looks like.



Commitments for 2013
In an effort to permanently improve my health, I am committing to these goals for the entire year of 2013.  Understanding that it's okay to be flexible.  Remember to be nurturing and loving along the way.

I commit to cutting out re-fined sugars, re-fined flours and Soda.  Understanding that sugar is a highly addictive substance and is doing damage to my health physically, emotionally and mentally. 

I commit to Early Morning Scripture Study.  Devoting myself to God and receiving personal revelation.

I commit to exercising 30 minutes a day 5 days a week.  

I commit to drinking a green smoothy every morning, to help de-tox my body and help curb my afternoon sweet tooth. 

I commit to preparing and eating foods that are healing.  Vegetables, Leafy Greens, Fruits and whole grains. 

I commit to running two 5k's, and one 10k this summer. 

I understand that these commitments came from my soul and will help me gain optimum health.  I understand that these commitments will cause to me stretch and grow in ways that I might not be ready for.  But putting faith in God, I know that these goals are attainable and completely within my grasp. 

The only thing in this contract that gives me real anxiety, is giving up the soda.  I was talking with Melissa and confessed that the idea of never having another diet coke/ coke zero was literally causing me to panic.  In fact just thinking about it right now, typing about, is getting me emotional.  I'm being so ridiculous right now.  It's just a drink.  The challenge is to come up with something that I can replace the soda with.  Something that is made with natural sugars and wont reek havoc on my body.  I found these gems on pinterest, waters that are flavored with fruit and herbs.  These beverages give me hope that I can give up the toxic soda.  I'll let you know how I like them. 

Flavored waters! Stop drinking pop!

Today in Sunday School the teacher told us that this was his most favorite picture of Jesus:

Right click this image and Choose Save File/Image as to download Jesus Christ in Red Robe.

He said he felt as if the Savior were looking directly at him.  At this point the teacher got emotional and so did I.  This week I have felt the love that the Savior has had for me.  Answering my prayers, giving me impressions and guiding my life in a direction that brings me closer to light and truth.  I know that Jesus knows me, Amberlyn.  I know that he loves me.  I have felt the warmth of his love in the core of my being.  I love Him for that.  

I am excited for 2013.  This year is going to be filled with adventure and so much change.  I haven't been this excited about a single year since the births of my children.  That's saying something. As you mother's know, nothing is more exciting then anticipating the birth a child.  Maybe I'm exited about the "birth" of a new me. 

No comments: