Thursday, July 10, 2008

Being consistent

If you consistently make the right choices and build healthy habits, weight loss is literally just a matter of time.

This is something I just read from the Sparkpeople website. It's just a matter of time, and this weight will come off. It's just a matter of time and my right choices and healthy habits will be worth the effort. Being consistent is the key. Not beating myself up over a bad choice. I usually spiral into weeks of making several bad choices a day. Like Dr. Oz says, just take the first available U-turn and move forward.

So far, today has been great. I worked out with Melissa and I haven't had one soda. I was even offered a free soda today and I turned it down. Whoa, that's big. Me, turn down a free soda? Unheard of. I must mean business. And I do.

All these small good choices will add up to one great big reward. A happier, healthier, thinner me. That's all I want. And I'm sure along the road, as I pound away at it, I will learn lots of valuable lessons.

No comments: