Friday, July 11, 2008

One good thing

I wish I could say that I had a great day. But I didn't. I did make a few good choices. But others weren't so great. This morning for Breakfast I had peach cobbler oatmeal. What is that you ask? Well, it's oatmeal with a little bit of brown sugar and fresh peaches. And yes, it's the best breakfast ever. I didn't have a morning snack because I wasn't hungry for one. We had lunch at the Reservoir. I had a half peanut butter and honey on whole wheat, some apple, handful of tortilla chips with mango salsa, and a 100 calorie dessert. After that is when it went down hill. I made a good choice when I got the girls ice cream cones. I got a frozen yogurt baby cone, and asked for a cup for water. Which is pretty big for me. I usually will get either a 32 or 40oz diet coke. Now that I think about it, that feels pretty darn good that I made that choice. After that is when it I had a hard time making good choices. I baked Hannah's cake for her birthday and snacked on some of the scraps that I cut off. I had 3 bread sticks and 2 slices of pizza and another 100 calorie dessert. Plus I snacked on a giant tootsie roll while making the cake and pizza. After watching a movie with the kids I had about 1/2 cup of mint chip ice cream.
I could get really upset with myself for all the wrong things that I did today. But instead I am going to congratulate myself on the good choices that I made today. Drinking water instead of soda. Having a healthy breakfast.

Now, what can I do to help myself when I'm eating dinner? Maybe put a piece of gum in my mouth? Have a large cup of ice water there to drink instead? I will try these strategies tomorrow when I am making dinner. I want to continue to progress in my lifestyle. Finding things that will work for me. I don't want to look at today as a failure. Even though everything in me tells me that it was.

No comments: