Saturday, July 19, 2008

Body for Life

Well here I sit. Resolved to do better. It seems as though every night I go to bed I am resolved to be better tomorrow. Wanting to be better. Struggling to be better. The new day arrives and the stresses and pushes and pulls of life get too much for me and I fail. I fall into the same habits and food becomes too strong of a pull on me. A few posts ago I mentioned that I needed an actual program to follow. It's hard for me to pull things out of the air. So I pulled out the Body for Life book. I had success on this program before and it doesn't seem to be as strict as Absolute. One thing that draws me to this program is the Free Day. I really do like the eating program as well. Nothing new. I just need to stick to it to be successful. I can do this for 12 weeks. That's really not long. By then I should have some good habits formed. I wont be following the exercise program to the T. As long as I am moving and doing something with my body I count that as being a success.
It's the "getting to the root" of my weight loss problem that I struggle with. Over all I think I'm pretty happy. I just really struggle with motherhood. Which is my whole life. Feelings of inadequacy and failure run through my mind constantly. Most nights I go to bed wondering what it was that I did wrong. Maybe this is the root. I need to start planting new roots. Most people around me tell me that I am a good mother. That I have good kids. I guess I should start listening to them for my sake and for my family's sake. My children for the most part are happy and healthy. Except for the occasional groan about how life is so unfair about this or that. Isn't that normal though. I thought that growing up too. Kids aren't much different in that respect.
Here is where I need to be my own cheerleader, again. Be positive with myself. Tell myself the truth. I am a good mother. I take really good care of my children. I do the best that I know how and I'm always trying to do better.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good for you! I think you will have success with Body for Life. I hope you do plant new roots and embrace yourself as the good mother, wife, sister, daughter, and friend that you have always been.

Randi said...

Amberlyn, this post sounds EXACTLY like me! It's funny but whenever I have mild success with a w.loss program, I throw it. So weird. Anyway, I resolve to be better with you. I love this blog you gals have started, it inspires me! Thanks for letting me hop on and read.