Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Oh boy, it's been a while

Yes, it has been a while. For a while there I was going strong and thinking I was finally getting my trash together. And then I go and get completely discouraged. Happens, I guess. And with me quite often.
Yesterday something clicked in my brain. I want to be better. I don't want to be treating myself so poorly with food. So I'm not going to anymore. But if I want a stinking little brownie bite after my darn lunch, I'm going to. But I love fruits and veggies and whole grain tortillas and bread. Yummy. I just wish it wasn't so ding dang expensive right now. I feel doubly bad for not even attempting my garden this year. I told a friend of mine that I didn't do a garden this year. Her response was, " Aren't you doing a baby right now?" Yes, I am busy with a baby. And babies are busy little beings.
I feel so much better when I am in control of what I put in my mouth. I realize how important it is to have a food diary. And since I can't find a stinking pen around my house I'll have to start logging it here. All the more incentive to eat better. So here goes, and please stop the gasps right now. I didn't say I had perfected my eating just quite yet!! Sheesh.

Breakfast: 1 cup cottage cheese with 1 beautifully segmented orange

Snack: handful of almonds and sips(okay it was gulps) of diet coke

Lunch: 2 chicken tenders, 2 corn tortillas and a bunch of grapes, nibbles of life crispy squares.

snack: Deli sliced chicken, apple slices, and 3 squares from a tootsie roll, nibbles of life crispy

dinner: slice whole wheat bread w/butter, 1/2 lasagna type dinner(I made it myself), and raspberry jello.

I am still struggling with the nibbling on things. I am still struggling to stick with my certain times to eat. It's normally after lunch that I have this problem. I need to find a way to stop this bad habit. I'm pretty sure it involves water. I need to be drinking water instead of grabbing for something to nibble.

Today I also started to experience the pain in my chest again. Similar to when I was pregnant with Beckham. I know it's all the coke I've been drinking. CRAP!!! I guess I'm just going to have to start taking that out of my daily intake.

No comments: