Friday, July 25, 2008

The Day After

Yesterday was Pioneer Day and my Free Day. It wasn't much of a free day. It just felt like any other day in my previous life. I guess I should have made more out of it. I could have eaten more cookies or maybe more ice cream. The great thing is I don't feel so guilty today. The bad thing is, I wish I would have pigged out more. I find that is what is making it hard for me to get back into the swing of things. If I had eaten myself sick it would be easier to go back to eating really healthy. I think that is one of the reasons for having a free day. So you can remember what it feels like to be sick and sluggish. Either way, it was my free day, good or bad.

Now I have to get back into the mind set of eating a portion of carb and a portion of protien. And a veggie with at least two meals. Which will be easy. Already this morning I passed up the left over donuts and had a tortilla scrambler. It's a good thing that I get to eat every 2-3 hrs. I just need to get a little more creative with my in between meals. I've already eaten up my protien bars because they are so easy and convenient. I need to start eating the cottage cheese and mandarine oranges that I bought.

How am I feeling about myself right now?

I think I am feeling nutral. I don't feel fantastic but I don't feel crappy either. Where I want to be is close to Fantastic. I will get there. I am working hard on getting there. Next week is going to be great. I am going to start to jog again and working out with Melissa has been the best thing for me. I need to keep my body moving and keep my eating healthy. This will work. It will take a lot of time. But I need to be consistent. I say that all the time to remind myself. Work hard, be consistent and I will start to see results. Hard work feels good, and is so rewarding. I'm keeping it up. I can do this.

No comments: