Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Not so Bad

Today is turning out to be a pretty good day. I spent the whole day baking those amazing coconut banana muffins. I baked 150 of them for Girls' Camp. Tomorrow I get to bake 150 Lemon Poppy seed Muffins. Again, for Girls' Camp.
The only disappointment that I had with my eating today was the 3/4 of a bagel and 1 cup of chocolate milk that I had for breakfast. We had a late start and I was getting light headed in the store. I could feel myself getting cranky and new I had to get something real fast. When I get like that it's really hard to make good decisions. If I was thinking straight I could have opted for a protein bar. Next time hopefully I will remember that. As for lunch I had a black bean veggie burger with sauted onions and a small handful of corn chips and for dessert I had a 100 calorie count chocolate cupcakes. Then I was done. I had a protein shake for a snack at 3:30pm. Now I am going to go make myself a lettuce and chicken version of the pasta salad that I am making for my family.
I want to change. I can feel me consciously making those decisions everyday. Wanting, urning to be better. I know this change is going to be slow. This is not a diet I'm putting myself on. This is a complete lifestyle change. It took me a long time to get like this, without me even knowing it. It's going to take me a while to get where I want to be. But it's going to happen. I know I've said this before. But I feel it in the core of my being, it wants to come out. Change. Change is coming, it's happening right now.

No comments: