Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Just keep slipping

I was all geared and ready to be the best I could be yesterday. Then I had to go to a baseball game for Hannah and I didn't have anything in the house that I could bring for myself. So I had some not so good food. Half a white bread sandwich, some doritos and a vanilla sandwich cookie. I've decided that to be successful at changing your lifestyle, you need to have a well stocked pantry and fridge. Which is something that I didn't have yesterday. It makes it hard to make good choices when there is nothing good to choose from.
This morning I couldn't find my mini blender top. I'm sure the kids put it somewhere when they were putting the dishes away. So instead of a protein shake I had Life cereal with fresh strawberries. Yum. I added a little bit of splenda to the strawberries. I don't think this was so bad of a breakfast, but it wasn't the breakfast of champions either.
I suppose this lifestyle change of mine is going to be a slow process. Working hard everyday to consciously make good, better and best choices. I want to change, so that change will come.
In the past I looked at myself and saw some flaws but thought I wasn't that bad looking. Now as I reflect on the size of clothes that I am wearing, and how I look in photos, I know I could be a better me. Better at choosing food, and better at treating myself with respect and love.
I'm glad I am writing all this down. It helps me to keep my focus. It helps me to be positive with me, and to be my own cheerleader.

No comments: