Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Week 1 Day 3

I did an awesome job during the day. Then it was sushi time. I blew it. I was so stuffed I hurt. I was more stuffed then on Thanksgiving dinner. Which isn't hard for me since Thanksgiving dinner isn't my favorite. But Sushi, is divine. I couldn't help myself. Then we went even further and got a great wall of chocolate and pineapple, coconut ice cream. My goodness. What a night. The nice thing about the whole ordeal, I still didn't beat myself up over it. I knew it was going to happen and I knew I would just have to take and immediate Uturn right after. And that is what I have done today. I have stuck to everything. Okay, I had two pieces of licorice. But that's all.
Melissa's words are still resounding in my head. You have to have 100 good days to make a difference. I think I knew how last night was going to end up. Now I'm just worried about tomorrow. I'm still going to consider that my free day. And then pick up the pieces on Friday. It's commitment to the program that's going to make a difference. I am committed. But Life happens. And I am not going to give up everything completely if I can't be me and enjoy life. I do know that this way of eating is so doable, and I love everything. That's why I am so grateful for the Free Day. What a world of difference it's going to make in me.
I'm not feeling to good about myself today though. As I was driving around I looked down and saw total muffin top spilling over my pants. I guess the positive is that it was while I was sitting on not standing. The thing is, these are the moments that discourage the hell out of me. I look down and say what's the use. I throw my hands up and eat 10 cookies. Yikes. When what I should be saying is, work harder, you can do it. If you don't want that muffin top, then keep going, keep working hard, it's the only way you are going to rid yourself of that. Be consistent. That's what I'm going to do. Be consistent, and work hard. Losing weight isn't easy.

No comments: