Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 2: I was Runn'n

I had no desire what so ever to do any kind of running this summer. There were so many other things that I had to wrap my brain around that running just wasn't on the top of the todem pole. Until my sis-in-law asked me if I was going to run any races. I didn't have the heart to tell her no, and so I ended up signing up for the Springville Nestle 5k. I really enjoyed running this race last year. I know it's going to be hard. I haven't been running since March like was last year. I figure I'm a fare weather runner. I'm not a die hard who can train inside on a treadmill. I loath running on a treadmill. I can't stand running in the cold either. As soon as that snow melts, and the world begins to turn green, the itch to run starts. Except, not this year.



I'm glad that my sis-in-law asked me. It's got me going again. It's good to have goals and races to push me to be better, to run faster, and to get healthy. I will probably run 2 other races this year. A 10k is OUT!! No desire to do that. Maybe next year when I'm 20lbs lighter. Cause I WILL be 20lbs lighter. 6 miles is just too much for my heavy body. I hope to run in the Freedom Festival 5k, that race is FUN! The last one will be here in Spanish Fork. They have a Half Marathon and 5k in September. I was going to run that on last year but I ran out of steam. I tend to do that. It seems to be a theme with me. One that must change. I need to start finishing strong.



Yesterday I ran for what I thought was 3 miles straight. Until I mapped it online. And they told me it was only 2 miles. What ever. I don't think that was right. I'm trying not to let that discourage me. Today instead of running I went on a really long fast walk. I was gone for a good 50 minutes. My plan is to run again tomorrow, take a break on Friday and run my guts out on Saturday. I've never really pushed myself in races before. I think I will this time and hope not to injure myself. I will be running with my sis-in-law whose easily 50lbs lighter then me. She claims she's not that fast. But she does have a HUGE advantage over me! Her weight. I hope to keep up with her.



Now that I've started running again, it feels good. It's really an accomplishing feeling to run and run and run(okay, I don't run I jog slowly but you get my drift) and realize that you feel good during it and can push yourself to another level. I hope as my good days stalk up, that my running will improve as well.



Exercise:

30 minutes p90x, biceps and back

50 minutes fast walk



Nutrition:

Breakfast

1 yogurt (160)

1 toast(140)



snack:

protien bar(180)



lunch:

tuna sandwich (380)

1/2 orange(30)(1321 left)

snack:
bugles, ugh-a-bug!!!

dinner:
2 cups home made chili
1 tbl sour cream
1 tbl cheese
5 chips

snack:
watermelon with lime!

Dang those bugles! It was a stressful afternoon. I had about 10 extra kids at my house coming in an out in and out. Hunger snuck up on me and I snacked on what the kids were snacking on. At least I stopped when I knew I should. I didn't keep indulging and that was a good choice.

In the evening hunger came strong again. I usually go for something sweet like ice cream. Luckily today I bought a watermelon, and even more lucky it ended up being sweet and juicy. I love to eat it with lime. You should try it.

2 days down, 98 to go

No comments: