Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 6: Fast Sunday

It always feels so good to fast. To be so utterly aware of my body and the emptiness that accompanies a fast. A reminder of what it truely feels like to hunger and thirst.

As far as the eating that followed the fast was better then most. I will usually gorge on Sundays, as it is my "free" day. Here comes a confession: I usually kept all the good stuff to myself. Not this time. I shared everything I had with my children. That was hard. But since I'm encouraging all of us to eat healthy during the week, they too deserve a little indulgence. I didn't feel so guilty at the end of the day for eating way too much crap. I ate smaller portions due to the rationing of goods.

Since Sunday's are considered my "free" day I find it hard to stop eating. I will eat regardless of the feeling inside. I will eat and eat and eat until I feel like hurling. No joke. Today, I stopped that. When I was full, I stopped. Even though I wanted to keep going. This is another one of those bad habits that I'm trying to kick, Sunday binge day.

The ill feeling that I get after such a bad eating day usually helps me to do better during the week to. It's no fun feeling like an over stuffed pig. Not good at all.

Today was a good day.

94 days to go.

No comments: