Tuesday, June 1, 2010

100 Good Days: Day 1

Today I begin my quest for 100 good days. My friend Melissa always told me that I needed to have 100 good days to make a difference. My goal is to have 100 good days of eating and exercise. Most of you know that I don't struggle with the exercise. My struggle comes with the nutrition. In an effort to find success with nutrition I am involving my whole family in this process. We all will snack on fruits and veggies, we all are going to eat a portion of vegetables at lunch and dinner, we all are going to cut out sweets except for on Sundays. I can't do this on my own. I'm hoping to teach my children good habits while I try to break a few bad ones.



100 Good Days Exercise Goals:
1.1 hr p90x in the early morning hours with Hubs.
2. Running in late morning, trying to train for 5ks
3. Walk in the evenings just because it's good for me.



100 Good Days Nutrition Goals:
1. Eat 5-6 small meals a day
2. Portion of Protien and a Portion of Carb at each meal
3. Add a Portion of Vegetables to Lunch and Dinner
4. Drink SLIM before Lunch and Dinner
5. Drink 2 cups of water with each meal
6. Eat Sweets just on Sunday
7. Eat between 1400-1600 calories a day

Maintance Goals
1. Read scriptures every day for 20 minutes
2. Pray morning and night
3. Write my feelings in a journal, or this blog



I'm not asking to have 100 perfect days, just 100 GOOD days. If I mess up, I'm not going to give up, throw in the towel, pull my hair out, or eat away my dissapointment. This 100 good days will come to fruition. IT WILL!!



This morning I woke up at 5:30am and did plyometrics with Husband. At 7am I went for a run and actually surprised myself by jogging at least 2.5 miles, without stopping. I would love to go on a walk this evening and hope to fit it in somewhere.



breakfast(300):
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup blueberries
3 tsp sugar
2 tsp butter

snack(260):
protien bar

lunch(330):
tuna sandwich with carrot sticks

snack(260):
protien bar

dinner(500):
pb&j sandwich, beans

2 comments:

Liz said...

How you liking P90X? I have 2 dvds of the set- I need to get going on them.

Amberlyn said...

I love p90x. It's hard. But it's the same thing that Melissa was having me do. Working out with Melissa was actually harder! If you love to lift weight, it's a great work out! But it is hard.