Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 3: Rough Day

That's all this day has been: ROUGH!! I don't think it's just been today. It's been since school has gotten out. Nothing is going right. Okay, that's an exaggeration. There are a few good things going on in my life.

I had a melt down in front of the husband today. I told him I wasn't happy. He asked me why and I gave him a two word answer, "My Weight." He got so frustrated with me. Who says I need to get down to a certain number or size, he inquired. I'm once again losing sight of the personal revelations I recieved just a few short months ago. I need to be focusing on my children and my relationships with each of them. If I happen to lose 20lbs I would still be unhappy because my relationship with my children wouldn't have improved. But I refuse to let myself go. I refuse to continue with bad habits.

I am still on a Quest for 100 good days. But not to lose weight. To help me break bad habits. My main focus still needs to be on my children. I still have to learn how to take care of myself while caring for others. I know it's possible.

Considering the type of day I've had, it's been a good day. I still never indulged in chocolate, or cookies or ice cream. And that my friends, is a good day.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh Amberlyn- good for you for keep on keeping on. I have to admit that I think about the balance thing alot and learning how to take care of yourself while taking care of others at the same time. It's hard for me. We need to get together and go for a long walk so I can hear about your experience so far.