Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 4: It's only Day 4

I spent most of my day at the Zoo with my Mom and the kids. We had a GREAT time. I packed good snacks: carrot sticks, water melon, home made banana muffins, dried fruit and nuts and Gardetto's(my one indulgence). For the most part, I think that was a good. The rest of the day kind of stunk. My Mom had left over wanton's from Book Club and I just had to try them. At least I had just one slice of home made pizza due to the wanton's. And I had a bowl of ice cream. But I couldn't finish it.

I keep thinking to myself, this is only Day 4. How easily I slip. But I have to keep moving forward. This is a learning process for me now. I'm learning how to make good choices while the rest of my life whirls around me. I could have made better choices, sure. And next time I will. I just think, what's a Friday night movie without ice cream? 20lbs lighter is what it is!

What to do next week when I sit down to a movie with the husband? That's right, a bowl of watermelon with a little bit of lime. A much better choice!

I took a break from running today since tomorrow I am racing. I didn't get my ipod charged up so I'll be running without it. But that's okay, I'll have Kelli with me. I hope together we can make good time!

Wish me luck.

Today a good day? I'd say 50% good.

4 days down, 96 to go!

How did you do today?

No comments: