Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 5: Springville 5k

This year I ran the Springville 5k 1 minute slower then last year. Considering that I haven't been running till just about two weeks ago, I'll take it! It was a good race. Kelli was sweet and stayed right with me. She didn't sound winded and could still talk through it all. Not me. It took everything in me to keep up the pace and to finish the race strong. I didn't sprint as hard as I would have liked to either.

Now that I've run one 5k, I see so much that I want to improve. My starting time this year was faster then last year, that's one huge thing going for me. Another huge thing going for me is support from the Husband. I really wanted to run in the Freedom Festival 5k, but it's a whopping $20. I don't want to fork out that kind of money right now. When I told this to the husband, he thought I should check out other cities and their 5k's. I'm sure there are a TON to choose from, I just need to hunt them out.

At the end of the race I indulged in an ice cream bar. Hello, it was Hagan Daz. Kelli opted not to. Way to go Kelli. It was yummy. Saturdays are my big days that I struggle with the most. But I'm not going to worry so much on the weekends. I've been working super hard today. Not only did I run a 5k, but I've mowed the lawn, shoveled nasty old grass clippings from the garden, and help load the trailer that is destined for the dump. Of course, my day isn't over yet. There is still things to be done in the house.

Today was a Good Day!! I'm proud of myself for running. I forgot to mention, that I only stopped one time and that was to get a drink and it was for just a short minute or two. Big pat on the back.

It was a good day!

5 days down, 95 more to go!

No comments: