Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bummed

I had another challenge this weekend. My Birthday was on Friday. No big deal, I just turned 33. Fun number. But I thought I did pretty good. I went out Thursday night and I didn't over eat. I did share a scoop of ice cream that had some fudge. Then I went out for Sushi Friday afternoon. I didn't over eat then either. I stopped when my stomach felt a little full. Hello, I usually don't do that when I eat Sushi. I usually eat and eat until you could roll me out because I am so stuffed and satiated. I know I'm not suppose to weight until Sunday morning but I just had to see where I was this beautiful Saturday morning. After all, Brent and I are going out to dinner this evening. To my utter dismay, I gained about 3 lbs. Blah blah blah blah blech blech blech!!!!!

I am trying to figure out in my brain how two meals could cause me to gain 3 freaking pounds. Again, roller coaster ride, emotions up and down, up and down, up and down.

After worrying about my calories I wonder if I started eating too many. I also started drinking more water and recording how many glasses of water I was drinking. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I know your muscles need water to build up and get strong. I know that water is vital to your body and all your organs. So I guess I could just be evening out. Gaining back water that I lost from last week. Either way, it stinks. And it feels like a huge let down. I almost want to quit. I am just centimeters away from quitting.

But I don't want to quit. I've come some far, for me, and worked to hard to give it up on a few bad days. Tell me to keep going. Tell me that all this hard work is worth it. Tell me that we have good weeks and bad weeks.

It sucks to gain weight back.

3 comments:

Emily A. Gunderson said...

Everyone has set backs, just make the best choice the next time you eat.

You are doing great. Keep it up!!!

Leslie said...

Baby steps. Plus, I think you're doing great. Hang in there.

Amberlyn said...

Thanks Emily and Leslie for your support. I really appreciate your encouraging words.