Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's not about perfection

This morning while doing the level 3 of my Biggest Loser Cardio DVD, Kim Lyons said something that really hit me hard. Those personal trainers always manage to be so uplifting and encouraging, which I guess is how it should be. Anyway, at the very end she said that it's not about perfection, it's about progress. I thought to myself, that's it. That's what I should be focused on. This whole time I have been focused on perfection. When what I should really be focused on is progress. Everyday I am progressing toward a more healthier me. I am not going to be perfect. It's not required that I be perfect. All I have to do is strive to be a littel better everyday, progress a little more everyday. What a relief.
Yesterday I went jogging by myself as soon as Brent walked through the door. I really wanted to challange myself, challange my body to change. Which is something else Kim Lyons encourages you to do. So that's what I did. I overcame my mind and pushed myself and ran 1.5 miles without stopping. For me, that's amazing and it was exhilerating!! I even sprinted the last block. Today I also went on a 2 mile walk with Grace. It felt so great to be out in the sunshine and a melting winter. I am determined to work off my terrible weekend. I gained it all in my gut. Sheesh, it's disgusting. That's why I'm working out twice a day.


7:30am breakfast:
tortilla scrambler


10:30am snack:
1/2 cup cottage cheese
5 ritz crackers

1:30pm lunch:
tuna sandwhich on whole wheat with pickles
pinch of trail mix
2 small graham cracker squares

3:30pm snack:
3 TBL trail mix
1 small apple

6:00pm dinner:
butternut squash soup
roasted beets
1 slice whole wheat bread
1/4 cup cottage cheese(had to squeeze in some protien)

1 comment:

Randi said...

Don't get down. It's a constant struggle. I was thinking to myself on Sunday that you are looking good! Seriously. Anyway, hang in there.