Monday, February 2, 2009

A new month, a new week

I am so excited for this new month and the prospect of losing another 10 pounds. It is so extremely exciting for me to see the possibilities and to still have all this momentum.

This evening I've been trying to think of what my goals should be for the week and for the month. This month I would LOVE to lose another 10lbs. I don't know how realistic that is. So I would like to lose 1.5 to 2.0 a week. I would also like to be able to wear my wedding ring by the end of this month. I hope that an 8-10lb weight loss would allow me to comfortably wear that piece of hardware. Let's see, the last time I wore my wedding ring was when I was 4 month preggers with Beckham. That is about 5 years ago. It's about time I put that thing back on permanently.

My weekly goal is to drink more water and keep counting calories. I know my body needs water. I would also like to add more cardio into my workouts in the morning. But that would mean I would need to get up at 5:30am instead of 6am. How badly do I want this weight loss? Enough to get up at 5:30 and do Tae-Bo before my biggest loser work outs. Which by the way I highly recommend everyone try. They are GREAT workouts. It's been a long time since I've had sweat dripping into and burning my eyes. It's a part of that whole, blood, sweat and tears thing.

breakfast:
2 slices turkey bacon
1 egg, 1 egg white (153)

lunch:
light chicken salad in a raw bell pepper
1/2 cup steamed broccoli and cauliflower (150)

snack:
protein shake with coconut milk fresh raspberries and blackberries (205)

dinner:
slice of home made whole wheat bread(40)
light chicken salad(135)
1 medium apple(32)

grand total calories:685 give or take.

I did have a few almonds and a few bites of fritos. So it was more like 700 or 720.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You are amazing. February is going to be another stunner of a month for you. Wedding ring, more lbs gone forever, and increased strength and confidence. I love you and am so happy for you! You are doing it, really changing your life! I can't wait to congratulate you in person in a few months.