Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pathway to Success

Yesterday I mentioned that one of my goals was to add more cardio into my work outs in the morning. This requires me to get up about 30 minutes earlier. Last night Grace up several times tossing, turning and yelling in frustration to her snotty stuffed nose. Several times I went to check on her and she was still sleeping, yet uncomfortably. I had set my alarm and thought to myself, there's no way I'm getting up now that I've already been up and down about 5 times. When my alarm went off do you think I got up? Of course I did. Like I said before, I want this SO BAD!!!

I know that counting calories is going to be my pathway to success on this weight loss journey of mine. I also want to still be careful to get in all my calories. Or does it really matter? Like yesterday for instance, I only ate about 700 calories. I didn't do that on purpose, it just happened. But is eating too few calories going to back fire on me? Is my body going to go into starvation mode and start holding onto all my fat? Or if I do this long enough will my body start attacking my fat stores thus eliminating my extra weight? Or when I go back to eating somewhat normally will all my weight come back? I don't want to go back to the way I was eating before, so I wont. But I'm not going be as strict with myself as I have been.

I guess it all goes back to finding balance. Balance and moderation in all things.

breakfast:
2 turkey bacon slices
1 egg, 1 egg white(185)

snack:
chocolate protien shake(200)

lunch:
light chicken salad on
1 slice home made whole wheat bread(200)

snack:
1 cheese stick(70)
1/2 medium apple(20)
2 tsp chunky peanut butter(64)(734)

dinner:
london broil(200)
salad (4)
sauted onion and bell pepper(40)


grand total: 978

No comments: