Monday, March 2, 2009

It's March Already?

Well, February didn't go as well as I had hoped or planned. Having to celebrate 5 birthdays in one month really puts a wrench in things. But that is life. I will have to work through that every year. For the most part, I think I did decently. I lost 4lbs. That's not moving any mountains, but it's progress.

I have re-dedicated myself today. It's a new month and I still am fat. I still have a desire to lose weight and have a healthy lifestyle. Something amazing happened yesterday too, I fasted faithfully for the first time in Years!!! Yes, I did attempt to fast about a year ago, but I failed. I don't remember it being as successful as yesterday. It was empowering to have control of my body and not eat any food for 24 hrs. It proved that I have will power, that I can say "NO" when it's important to me. Well, it's important to me and I REFUSE to fail this month. I actually have 5 weeks before I leave for Virginia. I am determined to lose 10lbs before April 7th.

What is my plan of attack? Count calories. I talked with one of my friends last week and she too has lost a lot of weight. Everyone around me is shedding pounds. She went to her Doctor and told him that she didn't have any extra money to pay for anything so what should she do. The Doctor told her to times her current weight by 12. That is the number of calories she was eating to maintain her current weight. If she wanted to lose 1lb a week, to drop her calorie intake by 500. If she wanted to lose 2lbs a week to drop her calorie intake by 1000. This is daily mind you. So that's what I'm doing. I times my weight and subtracted 1000. Now I know exactly how many calories I should be eating to lose the weight that I want to. To keep my nutrition in check, I am going to follow the Body for Life program. Which I mentioned before, this is a program that I can stick to for the rest of my life. And counting the calories to keep my portions under control. I am excited.

Spring is just around the corner. It's warming up and that means more exercise outside. Running, walking, yard work, mowing the lawn, planting my garden, pulling weeds. All things that burn calories and in a fun way. Spring is always so exciting. This year is no different.

I have the power to lose weight.

I refuse to let ME get in the way of my success.

I WANT this BADLY!!!

I can do and I will.


8am Breakfast:
1 egg, 1 egg white (105)
1/4 potato(35)
2.5 slices of turkey bacon(100)(240)

10:30am snack:
1 small apple(25)
1 vanilla protein shake, made with 1 cup milk(210)(770)

lunch:
sushi (300)(470)

snack:
1/4 cup cottage cheese(40)
2 TBL trail mix(120)(160)(310)

dinner:
taco salad without chips: 1/4 cup hamberger, fresh salsa, 2 tbl quacamole, 2 tbl cheese, sauted bell pepper and onion, 1 tbl ranch dressing. Not sure how many calories this is. I'm sure it's in the 300 range though.

No comments: