Tuesday, March 31, 2009

3 miles

Yesterday I went out for a jog. I was so excited to be able to jog for 3 miles. I knew I could do it and thought I pushed myself harder then the last time. Well, I jumped in the suburban and clocked how far I went. What a disappointment. I went the same distance as last time. Maybe .1 more then last time. So this evening I was bound and determined to run 3 miles. I'm pretty darn sure I did. I didn't clock it, I'll be sure and do that in the morning. But I ran the same distance as last time, plus some. In addition to running, I worked out my lower body with Melissa this morning. I am FREAKING sore!!! I can hard go up and down the stairs. I know tomorrow is going to be worse. But it needs to feel like this. My body isn't going to change much without the hurt. Like the old adage "No Pain, No Gain."

This evening I also indulged myself in the Biggest Loser. I was inspired by Tara this time. She struggles with the same feelings that I have had in the past. I know there is a reason why I gained weight, but I could never put my finger on what that problem was. I'm still not quite sure what that was. But it has a lot to do with my feelings of worthiness. I am worth all this hard work. I am worth living for. It's okay to do this for myself. To be healthy, to set a good example for my kids and family. I think I also struggled with being a Mom. It's tough. And being a Mom of 6 can be super overwhelming at times. But I know the Lord never would have put those precious children in my hands if he knew I couldn't do it. He knows I can do it, and that gives me strength. And I need to be strong and healthy to keep up with my spirited children.

I was going to stop logging my eating and exercising. But one of the tips this evening was to document how many calories you intake, and how many you burn. It's a simple mathmatical equation that is "suppose" to work. I think I'm going to cease on the calorie counting for a few weeks. It's felt so good no to have to worry about those numbers. Instead, I'm going to focus on the fun numbers. The numbers that I burned. The numbers that are no longer holding onto my body. That being the calories I burned while exercising.

exercise: Weight Training with Melissa
duration: 45 minutes
calories burned:367

exercise: Jogging
duration: 3 miles, not sure how long it took me. I didn't have a watch on. I'll say 35 minutes
calories burned:428

total calories burned: 795

No comments: