Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Process and Progress

The last couple of days I've heard or read the words Process and Progress a lot. Achieving a new healthy lifestyle is a process which includes progression. One article that I read yesterday emphasised that you need to focus on your progress goals instead of the end result goal. Which I have been guilty time and time again of committing. Wanting to lose 30-40lbs and expecting that to happen within a week or two. When that is just not humanly possible. I totally set myself up for failure. But when you focus on your progress goals, like drinking 8 glasses of water a day, or walking 30 minutes 4 or 5 times a week it makes the process of losing weight more fun and successful. That is one of the major differences between my effort now, and efforts in the past. I am focusing on the baby steps, the steps that will help me ultimately achieve the healthy lifestyle that I want so badly. Bad habits, like I've mentioned before, are formed over years and years of repetition. You can't just expect them to disappear over night. We need to be gentle and loving with ourselves. Allowing for set backs and mistakes. After all we are human, we all will make mistakes. Which hasn't been easy for me to accept. Thus my difficult month of February. But accepting my failures, learning from them and moving forward is progress. And that's all you can ask of yourself. Don't ask for perfection, you'll always disappoint. Ask yourself to make progress towards a better you and you will, most always, be successful.

breakfast:
1/4 cup cream wheat (120)
2 tsp brown sugar(60)
2 slices turkey bacon(70)

snack:
4 almond clusters (115)
1/2 pear (35)

lunch:
bq chicken wrap(300)

snack:
protein bar(210)

dinner:
tortilla scrambler
2 corn tortillas(80)
1 slice turkey bacon(35)
2 eggs (70)
2 TBL cheddar cheese(80)

grand total calories:1175

exercise:Biggest Loser Cardio
duration: 50 minutes
calories burned: 400

exercise: Walking briskly
duration: 30 minutes
calories burned: 200

total calories burned: 600

No comments: