Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Back from the land of the Fallen Dieter

Today was another successful day. I headed to the Smokehouse for my free birthday lunch, which included a drink, entree and a dessert. I was so proud of myself, I ordered something for the dessert that only the boys would enjoy and I wasn't even tempted. It was extremely empowering. Yes, I am back. I leave for Virginia 5 weeks from today and I will lose 10lbs.

breakfast:
1/2 cup oatmeal (200)
2 turkey bacons (70)

snack:
almond clusters (140)

lunch:
smokehouse chicken and house salad(350)

snack:
no time for the busy mom.

dinner:
1 slice of home made meatloaf
1/2 cup of instant potatoes


I really wanted to eat something this evening. But I remembered that those hunger pains that I feel in the evenings are really my body eating away at the fat. I don't want to stop that process do I? Besides, I turned on the Biggest Loser and was once again inspired. Most of the people on that show have lost between 90 and 95lbs in 9 weeks. HOLY CRAPOLA!!!! I can't believe that. If I were to lose that much weight I would be anorexic. Come on, I just want to lose another 20lbs, is that asking so much? No.

It really does feel good to be back from the Land of the Fallen Dieter. It feels good to know that if you fall you can pick yourself right back up, dust yourself off and go forward full steam ahead. We ALL have bad days, bad weeks and even bad months. But such is life, and life happens. We need to role with the punches, go with the flow and find our way back.

For me, I'm done breaking promises to myself. I'm done letting myself down. I am doing this FOR ME, not for my husband, not for my family or my neighbors. FOR ME!!!! That is one of the major differences from my many other efforts. I'm ready to change, to fight, to win.

No comments: