Thursday, March 26, 2009

I was running!!!!!

Yesterday after Brent got home from work I thought I'd go for a run. Not a walk/run, but a run. Now, I don't run fast at all so I guess it can't even be considered a run. More like a jog. I have been inspired by the Biggest Loser, once again. I just couldn't believe that they ran 13 miles, a half marathon. And most of them were still 200lbs or more. Wow, that is incredible. Yesterday was the first chance I've had since then to see how far I could run without stopping. Although my time was limited I did the best with the time that I had. I ran and ran and ran and listened and listened and listened to my ipod shuffle. Thank heaven's for that little invention. I was so proud of myself. I wasn't sure how far I had run, I just new that I could have gone longer if the time had permitted.

This morning I jumped in the suburban and tracked how far it was that I had run. I was so surprised when the odometer read 2.5 miles. And I could have ran farther if time had permitted. Last week I decided that I am going to run a 5k every month from May to September. A 5k is obviously only 3 miles. So I am well on my way to making this a successful summer for me. I look forward to training, running fartlicks, increasing my time, collecting T-shirts and running with friends.

This is more proof to myself that I am stronger then I ever imagined I was.

No comments: