Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just another day

Not much to confess today. Just plugging along trying to stay good, trying to change my life. I kept trying to tell myself today that this isn't something short term. I am trying to change my life for good. The choices that I make on a daily basis has to be different to make this permanent.

I feel like I am hitting a wall, again. I have lost 16lbs but it doesn't feel like it's made that much of a difference, after all it's only 16lbs. So I've found myself searching for the changes that have been made in my body. Yes, my jeans are fitting much better. This morning when I did the football run I noticed that my body isn't as jiggly, I am a little firmer. But that's all the difference that I've noticed. It's a little disappointing, but I know that I need to keep going, keep pushing. This is no longer just about me being smaller. This is about me being healthier. I know that being over weight puts me at risk for heart disease and diabetes. None of which I want. A few people have told me that it wont be totally noticeable until I lose another 4-14lbs. Wow. In a way that is discouraging. Here I am again focusing on the negative. When I need to look at the positive. I have lost 16lbs. I am doing it. I do have the power to change my life. My jeans are fitting better, I am getting firmer.

breakfast:
1/2 cup oatmeal (150)
2 tsp brown sugar (60)
2 slices bacon(70)(280)

snack:
none

lunch:
Turkey, bacon and avocado sandwich(80,70,40,160)(350)

snack:
protein bar(190)

dinner:
1/2 cup short grain brown rice(200)
1/2 cup b-q pork(100)
salad, 1/2 beet(50)(350)

snack:
1/2 cup grapes(100)

grand total: 1270


exercise: Biggest Loser Boot Camp
duration: 40 minutes
calories burned:400

exercise: walk/run
duration: 30 minutes
calories burned: 250

total calories burned: 650

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Amberlynn, I love that you are so honest about your feelings on here. After I finished reading your blog I felt like crying because I can relate on so many levels. I have never been the little skinny girl and have always struggled with my weight. Even when I was thinner I thought I was fat, and now I am bigger than I have ever been in my life. I have good days and bad days. I will lose five pounds gain two back, lose three more gain three back. I feel like I don't have the motivation to keep going sometimes so I just give up. And that makes it worse becase then I feel even more horrible about myself. Why does it have to be so dang hard? I'm am totally an emotional eater. I do really good all day and then something will trigger my emotions and I just want to go shove everything in my mouth and I do alot of the time. You have inspired me though and tommorow is another day and all we can do is try. I am so proud of you for losing 16 pounds that really is great.