Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Active, the person I want to be

I've always considered myself a fairly active person. Up until the past two days. Active is nothing compared to what I've been doing around the house and in the yard. It's amazing how my activities have changed my focus from food, to productivity. I actually struggled to get my meals in today. I didn't eat anything until 11:30am, which I know is not a good thing. By that time I was starving but didn't realize it until I set my groceries on the table and wondered what that rumbling was in my tummy. My activity level goes hand in hand with the type of person that I want to be. I want to be active, I mean really active. Always have my hand in a project to improve my home or my yard.

I had a very interesting conversation with Melissa this afternoon. Again, I had been working really hard in the yard and didn't stop for a break until the task was finished. By that time I realized that I hadn't eaten anything for 4 hours and again the rumbling came. But I was so hungry I kept reaching for the wrong things, like these amazing rice crispy treats I made for my kids. I didn't want to blow my day so instead I pulled out my cabbage soup and while it was heating up I called Melissa to talk through my hunger. Although my body deserved a little energy. The end of our conversation was about personal thoughts. I have always struggled with positive thinking. Melissa told me that if I acted like someone who weighed 160, then I would become 160. That person is waiting inside of me. This is such a hard concept for me to grasp. I have been 20 or 30lbs overweight for more then 6 years. It's hard for me to visualize myself any other way. But visualization is so important for my success. If I want to reach my first small goal, then I need to tell myself that I am already there and I will act that way. In theory, according to Melissa. But that is how she lost 60lbs in 4 months, so she probably knows what she is talking about.

This is a strategy that I really need to work on. I will tell myself that I am 160 until I get there. I will be active like I'm 160, be busy, act like I don't have this extra 17lbs. I need to do, to be.

breakfast:
nada

lunch:
turkey on whole wheat with onion and bell pepper(290)
a few grapes

snack:
1/2 peanut butter sandwich(190)
1 slice cantelope(40)
1 cup cabbage soup(40)
1 rice crispy(okay, my two small ones)(80)

snack:
protien bar(270)
1 banana(60)

dinner:
whole wheat soft taco made with, ground turkey sauted bell pepper and onion, cheese(270)

total calories: 1220

exercise:lower body workout, lifting weights
duration: 45 minutes
calories burned: 400

exercise: heavy garden work
duration: 120 minutes
calories burned: 400

total calories burned: 800

No comments: