Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's On

Yesterday I registered for my 3rd race of the summer. For over 5 years now I've had a goal of running in the Freedom Festival 5k. Well, that goal will finally come to fruition this year. I also realized that I have just over 2 short weeks before that race. I am finding it hard to make the time to train. I must, must, must make it a priority if I am going to improve upon my last time of 33 minutes. I would like to take 3 minutes off my time. I know, this might be quite lofty, but this is my goal. I really have to kick my own trash during the week to get the time down. Yesterday I walked, for warm up, to my kids school. From there I jogged to the top of the hill that takes you to the river bottoms, then I walked and jogged up that hill 4 times. After that I walked to Canyon road and jogged until I couldn't jog any more and walked a little bit. I walked jogged all the way home. As I did this I thought of all those runners that don't run the entire race and BEAT those that run the entire thing. I'm wondering if this is a strategy that I should try out. I mean really, if I could take a break with walking and be faster, why not? What I need to do is to invest in a watch. I don't have a watch. I know, how can I improve if I don't time myself everytime. Another thing that I need to do is to upload some more fast tempoed tunes to my ipod. I find that when I run to music I go faster. When I ran in the Springville 5k I pushed myself by telling myself to run faster for an entire song. I'm sure that helped me out a lot. So here come some Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, and a few other songs. I find that if I know the songs I run faster too. It's great.


For the past month I haven't been able to lose anything. Not one pound. I am hoping by me completely changing the diet of my entire family and really increasing my projects during the day, plus my usual workouts and runs that the weight will start to fall off. I'm really tired of being at this weight. Since last week I have been asking myself everyday what would a 160lb woman do? Since that is the weight that I want to be I keep trying act like the person I want to be. Today the kids and I walked to the Canyon Park. Ya, we got drenched, but it was a blast. They traded bikes and scooters and walking and it was so much fun. We had lunch and even played a family fun game of softball. I also believe that if I become for active with my children it will burn more calories, reduce the time I have to focus on food, and reduce my weight.


I feel strongly that I am moving in the right direction. I really am becoming the person that I want to be. Active, happy and productive!!


breakfast:

2 small waffle squares(200)

1 egg(70)


snack:

none


lunch:

sticky fingers salad(400)

diet coke, ooooo I needed it. Thank You Amy!!!!


snack:

protien bar(270)


dinner:

grilled roasted red pepper, carmelized onion and hummus sandwich(180,10,10,20)

fresh fruit (40)

steamed broccoli and cauliflour (20)


snack:

rice crispy(60)


total caloris:1210

1 comment:

Coupon Person said...

I love the Freedom Festival run. I am bummed I'm not doing it this year. Everybody cheers for you the whole way, so it helps a bunch...except for the last part when you have to run UP 900 east. When you get there just remember you're almost done and keep at it. :)