Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Look at what I bought!!!!




I was so proud of the produce that I bought I just had to lay it out and share it with the world. This post is an answer to Liz's question. I realized this day that I could buy produce on sale for the same price as other processed foods. Such as a frozen pizza for a dollar or a pound of broccoli for 79 cents. The choice was pretty cut and dry for me. I always thought that buying produce and lean meats would be expensive. But if you purchase these items when they are on sale, it turns out to be about the same. I will still coupon as well, for other items like soups and detergents and shampoos and toilet paper. And every now and then meats will go on sale for really cheap and that's when you buy it up and freeze it, waiting for you to use.

I have a budget of $100 a week, that is for a family of 8. This week I spent roughly $80 and this is what I bought:

2 roasting chickens: 88 cents lb
2 2lb bricks of cheese: 5.49 each
3 gallons of milk
2 containers of fat free cool whip
1 watermelon
2 cantelope
2 pineapples
2 bags of fuji apples
3 heads of good lettuce
9 red bell pepper: 3 for a buck
3 bunches of radishes
3 bunches of green onions
6 limes
3 jalapeno peppers
4 containers of raspberries
2 containers of blueberries
3 containers of strawberries
5 pears
2 bunches of broccoli
1 head of cauliflour
1 Stalk of celery
6 small yellow onions

All of these items were on sale. Nothing I bought was at full price. I think that is the trick. I have found that Ream's in Springville is an amazing place to buy produce. They always have some killer deal. As well as Buy Low. But they are too far for me to drive to most of the time. I hope that I each of my weeks can turn out like this. They probably wont, but then i guess I'll just turn to frozen veggies.

1 comment:

Coupon Person said...

I LOVE this picture! This is how I feel after coming home from Reams (or Buy Low this week).

You're doing great.