Friday, June 26, 2009

A New Attitude

I have been terrible at keeping up my blog this week. I've also been incredibly busy. But no excuses, right? Right.

Even though I haven't been blogging I have been doing really well. I weighed in on Wednesday and found that I had lost 2lbs. Grant it, I had gained 1lb so I'm not as down as I'd like. I'm just grateful I didn't gain 5-6lbs. Which is pretty normal for me when I go through rough patches. I attribute my success to my new way of thinking. And of course that's living life as though I were already 160lbs.

Last night I saw a few friends out of the window. Usually I let the fence get in my way and stay home and curse the fence. Not last night. I pulled Grace onto my hip and walked as fast as my body in flip flops could take me to their house. I thought to myself, " What would a 160lb woman do? She would get up and go talk with them. She would take herself out of the kitchen and go and be social." So that's exactly what I did. It might be hard for me to visualize myself as 160lbs. But I don't find it difficult to imagine what she would do. I am so excited that I have found a strategy that is working for me.

My eating is not perfect, but it isn't horrible either. I attribute that to my new attitude about nutrition for my family as a whole. I can't mess up to badly when all there is to eat is fruit and veggies. What a great change that is coming over my home. It is still a struggle for my kids to explore the world of endless veggies. But my hope is that one day they will grow to love them as I am growing to love them.

I am beginning to see the light. I realized that I might have a few more setbacks and challenges along my journey. But just in the last month I have discovered new strategies and ideas that will take me further down the path of success and weight loss. But they didn't come without trial and error and hard work.

Even though I am not losing too much more on the scale I am beginning to see changes in my body. My gut doesn't sag so much when I lie on my side at night, I am grabbing less skin and fat when I sit down. As most of you know, my gut is how I am gaging my success. My gut going down is an indicator of some success. Yay for me.

Now I just have to concentrate on the weekend and not blowing all my hard work. Ahhh, the blasted weekend. It comes with it's good and bad. Just like all things in life. But now I need to think, " What would 160lb woman do this weekend?" She would be active, she will go to her High School reunion and hold her head up high, she will pull weeds for her Mom, she will do her own yard work, she will help the kids with their chores, she will eat a fruit or veggie with every meal, she wont stop unitl the job is done and done right, she will allow herself some freedom on Sunday and be ready to start a new week on Monday. She might even buy herself some new running shoes.

My new attitude is causing some pretty incredible changes. I hope to run with it and find continued success.

No comments: