Sunday, April 20, 2008

10 Pounds Later

Amberlyn has been bugging me to post my weigh- ins. I didn't want to post the first one because I knew how discouraged she was and I didn't want to remind her of my weigh-in. She's the one who started the blog and was nice enough to include me that I didn't want to toot my horn louder than hers.

As her and I are discovering... this is a process. And it's one that is taking us different places. We are different people so of course, our weight loss experiences are going to be different. The most important thing is for us to support each other. So I'll catch up on my progress.

At the first week weigh in I lost 9 pounds! I was so excited! I know this is because of the 3-day fast start that I was able to do. (Amberlyn couldn't do it because she is nursing and the lack of carbs could deplete her milk supply). The first week, it was also very easy for me to stick to the program. I think this was because of the appetite suppressant.

On Friday, I lost 1 more pound. I would have guessed it to be more like 4 or 5 because of the way my clothes were fitting but I was okay with 1. That makes 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Not bad. The coach said my first week weigh in was due to the fast start.

All in all, I'm pretty excited. Although it's not as easy to stick to the program anymore now that my body is used to the medication. My hardest day is Sunday because I'm home all day with everyone else and there is a lot more idle time. It seems to be the only day where I really crave sugar and fattening foods.

So there's my update. I'm trying to stay pretty positive. I think both of us are doing great. This weight didn't get there in one month so it's obviously not coming off in one month. Amberlyn is right: Slow and steady wins the race.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Mandy,

Don't be afraid to share. This is your journey too.

And it isn't a competition.

I would imagine that Amberlyn might feel a twinge or two of envy over your weight loss (just as I do!) but overall I am sure that she is OVERJOYED that it is going so well.

Is there an exercise component to the diet? What happens when your body gets used to the meds?

I am so happy for you! Keep going.

Amberlyn said...

Well it's about time you made your way to the blog. I know it's going to help you as much as it's helped me.

I am thrilled for your weight loss. I think it's great!!! Losing weight is not easy and I am so glad that you found some success so early. It helps to keep you motivated.

Keep up all your hard work. It's paying off.