Thursday, April 10, 2008

Damn those Banana Coconut Muffins



Yesterday I was doing great. Then I decided to do something fun with the girls. I had a bunch of black bananas on the counter and they love to cook with me. So hey, why not make muffins. Well I should have picked a yucky recipe. I ended up having one of these delicious delights. Even after my success from the night before. DRAT!!!!!
I do have to say though, this morning I didn't even go near them. There was 1 and half left in the bag and I ended up just throwing them away. Beckham wasn't going to eat them and i just couldn't have their coconut faces looking up at me tempting me every time I walked by. So in the garbage they went. Another crisis averted. Last night I was stressing about it. That is where I begin to fail. I left my bad choice behind me, made an immediate U-turn and started over again this morning.
And I just had to include a picture of my salad. It looked resturaunt worthy. I think anyone not on a diet could eat this delictable salad. It was GOOD!!!!! On bottom was a bed of red leaf lettuce sprinkled with a little bit of cheddar and pepper jack cheese, on top was slices of perfectly roasted chicken drizzled slightly with a light Ranch dressing and topped with my amazing salsa. I am tempting to make another salsa to go ontop of my chicken consisting of mango, pineapple and jicama(for crunch). Hopefully I find more success.

4 comments:

Denise said...

My weight watchers leader told this story of going to Kripsy Kreme Doughnuts.

Her husband went in to get a doughnut and came back with a box of a dozen.

Well, it's just the two of them, so what's she going to do with a dozen doughnuts?

So he had one. And she had one.

And she was carrying them home in her lap.

They were taunting her.

So she rolled down the window and tossed the doughnuts out.

Her husband screams, Ahhh!

She screamed, Ahhh!

And he asked her, "What happened?"

She just smiled.

Amberlyn said...

I love that story. Better out the window then on her butt.

Jessica said...

I'm a big fan of throwing away tempting food.

Amy said...

That's funny about the doughnuts!

That salad looks great! And good job with the muffins. 'Course you could have thrown them across the street.... hint hint. :)