Monday, April 7, 2008

Yeah for Weights and Stretching

So today is the day. I started working out again this morning. I lifted my lower body and did some stretches!!! It felt GREAT!!! I realized as I was writing down what I did, that I haven't lifted in almost a year. It's been almost a year since I got pregnant with Grace. Wow, how time flies when your "having fun". Anyway, my legs are wobbly and shaky. I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but what a great feeling to have again.
And I have been perfect with my eating so far today. I've only had one meal, but it was perfect. I talked with Mandy this morning and we both agreed that this is something that we can definately do for a least a month. Her husband told her it was going to be hard, and I whole heartedly agree with that. As I was talking with her I expressed what my fear was. This is so similar to the 6 Day Body Make-Over, and I hated that program that in the back of my mind I'm already telling myself that I can't do this, it's too hard. Mandy pointed out that this is probably a pattern for me. A pattern of telling myself that things are just too hard. Which is probably true. Even though this Absolute program is going to be hard, and it definately not what I want to do for the rest of my life, I CAN and WILL do this for a month. And I might not do it perfectly, I will make mistakes, but I wont fall off the wagon. Like Dr. Oz's book says, I will make the next available U-turn and start getting back on track. If I happen to make a mistake.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Yea for you!

I KNOW you can do this.