Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The other fat girl

I don't know if anybody has been wondering who the other fat girl was from the title of our blog: confessof2fatgirls- but here I am. I'm just a late-bloomer!

Amberlyn and I are starting our transformation together. We both have our appointments at the weight loss clinic tomorrow. And we are on our way to being our thinner, better selves.

As I've read Amberlyn's posts, I have been amazed how she's put it all out there. This process for me is going to be a little slower. While I've realized over the past few years that my weight is more than just a physical issue, (I was in denial for years) I haven't been able to dig deep and define it as Amberlyn has in the past week or so. My ability to do this will take months, I think. So be patient!

I am grateful for Amberlyn's candidness and the comments of her friend Denise. I don't know who she is but I'm hoping she'll send some of her words of wisdom my way. And I welcome feedback from others as well.

I hope I can be as open and honest as Amberlyn- and I will try. I'll also try to post everyday to journal my progress. I definitely think it helps to write out my feelings- it provides clarity of thought and accountability. Thanks Amberlyn for setting the bar so high!

2 comments:

Amberlyn said...

I am so glad you finally made your way to the blog. I have been feeling a little lonely. I am excited to have you join the ranks.
Denise has been amazing through this whole process. Which has only been a few short days. But still, she has been a great source of encouragement.

Thanks Denise. I know you'll be reading this.

I am excited to be a source of encouragement to you, Mandy. I think it's great that we are doing this together and can support each other.

I felt really strongly that I needed to be very open about my feelings and emotions. I think this is one of the reasons for my past failures. So far, it has been very therapeutic (wow, I actually spelled that right).

Together, we can move mountains.

Denise said...

Hi Mandy.

I am sure that as you go through this process that we will get to know each other really well.

I look forward to it.

I am still on my journey and a LONG way to go from the weight that I want to be...but I have already lost about 25 pounds and I hope to keep going.

Just a word of caution...I am a big believer in saying what I mean and meaning what I say...but I also ALWAYS try to come from a place of love...so if I inadvertenly offend you, i'll apologize in advance.

I am never short on opinions, but I am also quick to apologize if I am in the wrong...so let's get going!